Field Environmental Operator
Position: Field Environmental Operator
Client: Oil & Gas
open to: Locals only
Responsibilities and Key Objectives:
• Providing Environmental-related support to line management in the implementation of the HSE/Environmental Plan, policy, procedures, and practices.
• Monitor control of work to ensure that all activities are planned and executed in safe and environmentally compliant manner e.g., Permit to Work, Pre-job meeting, Waste Management, Spill Response, Water Management etc.
• Establishing effective communications and dialogue with the subcontractors HSE and Environmental personnel.
• Conducting Environmental audits, inspections, and safety walks, also referring to Permit to Work together with the FEO.
• Providing recommendations to the FEO on improving environmental performance, raising environmental awareness.
• Identify environmentally sensitive issues and recommend controls to remove, control or mitigate the impact in the development of new or modified facilities.
• Assisting with the investigate into HSE-Environmental incidents and supports the FEO and EE in these matters.
• Responsible for maintaining and keeping in good condition of environmental equipment, machines, and any associated units.
• Maintain Environmental department databases, activity reports or Environmental department tracking documents (e.g., quality checking waste transfer notes, air quality registers, and waste-water data logging etc).
• Supports the FEO in environmental training activities and develop in-house environmental training programs and conduct awareness training across all disciplines.
• Performing environmental monitoring using diverse environmental air, soil, and water monitoring equipment.
• Monitor Green team and WSA activities.
• Other miscellaneous work as per instruction of Environmental Officer.
• Daily reporting to Environmental Officer.
• Assist production, Drilling and Construction personnel related all the Environmental matter.
– Bachelor’s degree in environmental/ Scientific subject or other related discipline.
– Environmental NEBOSH, ISO (14001) certification or equivalent is desirable.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Minimum 3-year experience in Environmental field roles for national/international oil and gas companies.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong command of the English & Kurdish language, written and oral.
• Excellent computer skills – Practical familiarity with standard “Microsoft Office”software package.
• Working in team, pro-active, supportive, and self-learning behaviour
• Able to lead team members and assign work orders.
• Experience in working in a multi-cultural environment.
• Good problem-solving ability and a pragmatic flexible approach.
• Must be able to work at times unsupervised.
• Driving license B.
More Oil & Gas Jobs