About this role: Mechanical Technician
- Receives incoming work requests, discusses work required with the Mechanical Supervisor, and estimates time, materials or spare parts required to complete the work. Receives schedule of repairs, with appropriate “permit to work” and arranges for tools, test equipment etc.
- Performs servicing, condition monitoring, fault diagnosis and restoration on Offshore mechanical equipment including Compressor packages, Turbine Packages, Diesel and gas fueled engines and Air compressors, Pumps (including Oil Offloading/Transfer, Water Injection, chemical injection, Vacuum and Fire Pumps).
- Carries out on the platform workshop repairs of mechanical equipment. Includes stripping down units, change/ replacement of parts and bench testing equipment before re-installation. Identifies requirements for consumable supplies, tools and equipment to aid the efficient and effective offshore operation.
- Ensure that shift handovers are communicated effectively and that standard procedures and written instructions are understood and adhered to at all times.
- Carries out all activities in accordance with Company safety procedures and manufacturer’s recommendations, ensuring that all precautions are taken to isolate equipment prior to commencing work. Follows all safety instructions and notices and wears protective equipment when required.
- Completes work orders/cards with details of maintenance or repairs carried out, fault diagnosed and materials and man hours used to complete the work.
- Assists in major shutdown and overhaul work, which includes the dismantling, testing of mechanical equipment including, but not limited to, Gas Turbines, Gas and Diesel Engines, Compressors and Pumps. Reviews history on mechanical breakdowns or trips and identifies areas for continuous improvement to Mechanical Supervisor.
- Ensures that the mechanical system and equipment is installed, tested, pre- commissioned and commissioned according to company requirements.
- Assist other trades and disciplines as required within the limits and capabilities and experience.
- Performs basic rigging and slinging duties.
- Participates in STAR safety programs.
- Performs Emergency Response Role as required by company.
- Train local apprentice to be a competent technician to carry out the maintenance activities safely and professionally.
- Maintain good communication between the Maintenance crew and Operations team. The daily maintenance / shutdown reports of the equipments will be recorded and forwarded to Sr. Mechanical Technician / Mechanical Planner / Mechanical Supervisor on a daily basis to enter into Oracle.
What you need to bring:
- Completion of first year of Secondary (10 years) education followed by 3yr Diploma or apprenticeship in the mechanical trade (equivalent to UK, City and Guilds/ NVQ or ONC).
- 4-5 years varied installation maintenance and repair experience in an industrial environment, ideally within the Oil & Gas/ Petrochemical industry.
- Ideally should have working knowledge of computer applications software such as Microsoft Office/ Computerized Maintenance management systems (Oracle).
- Excellent written and oral English skills.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)