Job Title: Operator I
Reports To: Field Supervisor
Coordinates and performs the activities on operational contract compression jobs in a manner consistent with the company’s goals and objectives. Comply with location’s operating and HSE policies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Under direct supervision:
- Cleans and paints units.
- Lubricates necessary parts.
- Keeps units filled to proper level with oil and water.
- Takes gauge readings and be able to analyze the readings.
- Makes minor repairs such as: change lubricator pumps, etc. Assist the Field Rep with major repairs.
- Shuts unit down and put on line in safe manner.
- Takes oil samples.
- Knows when to shut lean burn engines down or call someone.
Performs with little to no supervision:
- Performs all operations related to 1000 hour inspections.
- Starts and loads safely assigned unit.
- Performs safe shutdown.
- Knows the function of each operating component.
- Knows and can apply basic first-aid skills.
- Uses all tools properly.
- Knows particular lubricants, why those are used as opposed to others and basic lubrication maintenance of engine and compressor maintenance.
- Pulls a compressor piston and rod assembly with all associated operations properly.
- Packs a compressor packing gland properly.
- Assists with major repairs such as overhaul or start-up inspection.
- Calculates performance, clearances, etc.
- Performs all inspections up to and including 10,000 hours.
- Assists in overhaul with knowledge of what is needed.
- Performs maintenance of parts inventory.
- Understands engine and compressor theory of operation.
- Understands parts assembly of all allied components: pumps, starter, valves, ignition governor, lubricator, turbocharger.
- Changes all heads, manifolds, run valves, set timing, adjust compressor clearances, and set base deflection, coupling alignment.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 1 or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge in Gas processes, Mechanic of Motor Compressors (Waukesha, Ariel, Caterpillar, White Superior, AT 25)
Required Experience & Skills
Preferred Experience & Skills
Required Training & Certifications
Preferred Training & Certifications
- Operation Excellence Training
- Waukesha GET &VHP
- Exterran Code of Conduct
- Requires employee to frequentl type and use a computer and other office equipment, such as copier, printer, calendar, telephones, etc.
- Requires operation of heavy equipment, such as forklift on a rare frequency
- Requires employee to stand for at least 75% of the time
- Requires employee to sit for at least 25% of the time
- Requires employee to constantly climb stairs or ladders to inspecting, repairing and painting equipment and must be able to maintain balance on stairs or ladders without assistance.
- Must be able to communicate and respond to: coworkers, customers and emergency cues/alarms, in person and on the telephone, including use of mobile devices
- Must be able to frequently lift at least # 5pounds
- Requires work in outdoor conditions, including Extreme heat, extreme cold, unairconditioned facility, snow, standorms,sun exposure, strong wind
- Requires work on loud environment
- Requires moving and maintaining self in different positions stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl to accomplish tasks in various environments including tight and confined spaces.
- Must wear all required PPE, including fire-retardant clothing, helmets, face shields, hearing protection, safety goggles, steel-toed boots, as applicable.
- Position requires travel 10% of the time
- Position requires employee drive 25 % of the time, 5% permanent in one location