- Support the achievement of Incident & Injury Free work place for Company and Contractor workforce in an assigned area of responsibility.
Job Context & Major Challenge(s) – I
- Supports Company pillar of Safety Health and Environmental Performance.
- Operates in a plant environment to protect employees & contractors and company assets.
Key Job Accountabilities – I
- Ensure regular inspection, testing of fixed and portable safety and equipment within assigned area of responsibility in order to ensure safe operational status and readiness for use.
- Complete surveys, inspections, PTW audits and prepare detailed reports in the assigned area of responsibility.
- Conduct safety assessment of operations, maintenance and construction activities in order to ensure full compliance with stipulated conditions and requirements of safety procedures.
- Maintain effective interactions with operational staff through work and training activities in order to promote safety awareness and encourage the adoption of safer work practices.
- Assist and participates in conducting of emergency exercises in order to develop and enhance individual and team response capabilities.
Key Job Accountabilities – II
- Conduct compliance assessments against Safety procedure requirements in the assigned area of responsibility.
- Conduct safety awareness sessions and defined trainings for personnel in the assigned area.
- Supervise contracted Safety Technicians ensuring that they provide their services according contract requirements and in compliance with QG Standards.
- Participate and contribute to JSA, Hazard Hunts and Safety walks.
- Completion of Secondary School education followed by vocational training program with 4 years’ experience as Technician in Oil & Gas or relevant industry.
Knowledge and/or Experience – I
- 4 years’ experience in oil and gas or relevant industry
- Understanding of Safety requirements, controls and practices used in the industry.
- Understanding of Hierarchy of controls, Hazard Identification and Basic Risk assessment process.